Why have Banamine (Flunixin Meglumine) paste in your Emergency Kit?
- IF you have a severe colic or fever, your Veterinarian may ask you to administer the medication before they see the patient, or if they are delayed.
- IF the colic or fever is mild and the Doctor recommends the medication, symptoms may resolve with out needing a visit.
- IF a colic or fever occurs when you are traveling and you only have access to your Veterinarian over the phone.
Prior to Administration:
- Take your horse’s temperature, pulse and respiratory rate.
- Check gum color and refill time, gut sounds, and manure.
- Record and report this information to our on-call veterinarian.
It is very important to follow the instructions of the prescribing Veterinarian for proper administration. Never attempt to self-diagnose. This medication is not to exceed 1000lb dose per day.