We are now offering stud and brood mare programs at a brand new reproduction center located in Silvana, Washington. In partnership with R.O. Lervick Arabians, we can provide a la carte or a full menu of services in a state-of-the-art facility — a full lab for flushing and preparing embryos for transfer or shipment, a clean controlled comfortable environment for stallion collection, fresh and frozen semen storing, shipping and management of equine sperm, and artificial insemination. We also provide a pregnancy calculator to help guide you through the appointment and scheduling process.
We take great pride in our clients’ success and believe that good client communication, compassionate handling of the horses and scientific rigor are a winning combination. To ensure that we meet your needs, please be ready to provide us with the following information:
- What time of year do you want to breed your mare?
- Will we be breeding her at your farm or a breeding center?
- Has she had a pre-breeding work-up?
- Have you selected a stallion? If so, do you know the type and availability of semen (fresh, cooled, frozen) you are getting?
- Will she be carrying her foal or will we be doing an embryo transfer?
- Finally, let’s consider the costs.
On average, your mare’s pregnancy will last for approximately 11 months, 11 days, and 11 hours, or 340 days. During this time her foal will have grown from a microscopic embryo to a 75-125lb foal. That’s the easy part. Your success in this process will depend largely on the planning and preparations that you have made the year before.